Ideal for those who want to discover the true Bhutan, this ultimate cultural tour explores the cultural valleys of the west, spiritual central Bhutan & the rugged east. Journey Across Bhutan traverses incredible landscapes of high mountain passes with incredible Himalayan views, mixed forests, beautiful countryside and Alpine meadows rich with diverse flora and fauna. Beginning in the gentle valley of Paro, home to the infamous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest), you will visit ancient fortresses, sacred monasteries, remote temples, farm houses, palaces and monastic schools across the country to the eastern border town of Samdrup Jongkhar. This is a special and unique tour is designed for the enthusiastic traveller with a longer holiday program in mind and a desire to discover the true Bhutan. Journey Across Bhutan can also operate Paro – Trashigang – Paro.
The ‘Journey Across Bhutan’ cultural tour is ideal for those who want to discover the true Bhutan. This ultimate tour explores the cultural valleys of the west, spiritual central Bhutan & the rugged east.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Journey to the rugged, remote and seldom visited Eastern Districts.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit ancient palaces and museums featuring historical memorabilia of Bhutan’s Royal Family.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.